What is Forex Home
What is MetaTrader?
MetaTrader is a popular Forex trading platform that is able to trade Options and Futures too. MetaTrader was launched in 2002 by MetaQuotes. The most popular version is the Metatrader4 (MT4) but the latest version is the MetaTrader5 (MT5). MetaTrader offers advanced charting and the use of multiple built-in indicators. It provides also multiple-account management. This piece of trading software is offered for free.
Most ECN and STP Forex brokers nowadays are supporting MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5. Each Forex Broker provides its own version of MetaTrader but the back end solution remains the same, so it is very easy to use any version of MetaTrader under the same rules and the same conditions.
Both manual and automated trading is possible with MT4. The Metatrader platform is well known for its capability to support Forex Robots and Expert Advisors.
MetaTrader Trading Features
1) Offering MQL4, which is a built-in language capable of programming trading strategies.
2) MetaTrader offers Expert Advisors, Custom Indicators and a Strategy Tester.
3) MetaTrader offers historic data.
4) It provides state of the art technical analysis and many graphic tools.
5) It provides the latest news live.
6) MetaTrader includes internal e-mail support to generate updates concerning market changes.
7) Save as a picture or print easily your chart window.
8) Execute trades with just a click.